Family Renewal Project Presents:
TOB 1: An Intro to Theology of the Body “The Gift”
RSVP for this Course by completing the form at the end of the page.
First Two Mondays and Tuesdays in June:
June 5, 6, 12, & 13
One Group will meet from 1pm – 4pm
One Group will meet from 6pm – 9pm
The Brennan Room @ Holy Family Catholic Church
* adjacent to the ArchLou Pastoral Center *
3938 Poplar Level Rd; Louisville, 40213
$20 per person; $30 per couple (or family living in the same household)
FREE for college students
Course is approved for ArchLou Catechist Credit.
* Nursing Infants are Welcome *
* If registering for a FAMILY, choose ‘Couple’ and complete the fields for the first two people, then ADD remaining names, etc in the ‘Comment/Questions’ box at the bottom of the form *
Accompanying Minors: There are excellent Theology of the Body materials available for children of all ages, however, this course is designed for a more mature audience. Children under the age of 18 can attend at the discretion of their parents (guardian) and must be accompanied by an adult.
* Registration fee includes accompanying Handout and Snacks/Drinks each day.
Catechist Credit: All Family Renewal Project courses qualify for Catechist Credit through the Archdiocese of Louisville Office of Faith Formation. *Those seeking credit, please include a note in the Comment Box that you intend to apply for credit so we know to verify your attendance.
* A course handout will be provided (no additional cost)
* An optional workbook is available for purchase:
- $15 hardcopy ONLY (purchase upon arrival at the course)
- $18.95 (+ $5.75 shipping) includes hardcopy & electronic copy of the workbook AND online access to the accompanying videos for one year (available from Ascension Press HERE)
- $14.95 includes an electronic copy of the workbook AND online access to the accompanying videos for one year (available from Ascension Press HERE)
This course will provide an excellent introduction to Theology of the Body and a solid understanding of God’s plan for humanity. The very experienced FRP instructor will use the DVD series from Ascension Press entitled, An Intro to Theology of the Body: Discovering God’s Master Plan for Your Life. [Written as an eight-part study meeting weekly for 8 weeks, we are consolidating into only four weeks.]
The course will address the two most fundamental and universal questions:
- What does it mean to be made human, male and female, in the image and likeness of God?
- How can I live my life in a way that brings happiness and fulfillment?
This study is for every “body” who desires to reach his or her full potential in this life and become Fully Alive — young, old; single, married; clergy & religious! [Participants under age 18 attend with parental discretion]
For questions or additional information, please contact us: 502.303.1996 (call or text) | email: firstname.lastname@example.org
John is a graduate of Western Kentucky University who loves hunting, fishing, hiking, theater, videography and playing baseball.
After discerning the call to the priesthood, John transitioned from seminary to the role of discipleship leader in the Archdiocese of Louisville. Some may say “youth minister,” but after five years of dedication to youth, John realized that developing disciples was the ultimate goal.
John has attended & led pilgrimages to the last 4 World Youth Days: Madrid, Spain; Rio de Janeiro, Brazil; Kraków, Poland; Panama City, Panamá and he and his wife are planning to attend together this year in Lisbon, Portugal.
For over six years, John served as the only male chastity instructor in the Archdiocese of Louisville. Every school year he & one of his female counterparts would teach a multi-day course at over 40 schools (Catholic, private, and public).
John is now the first and only person in the Archdiocese of Louisville to have completed his Master’s Certification in Theology of the Body from the TOB Institute … a major accomplishment!
John married his wonderful wife, Crystal in October of 2019. Together they strive to understand, embrace and live Theology of the Body!