https://www.familyrenewalproject.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/on-the.png 800 800 adam /wp-content/uploads/2018/05/frp_logo_branches-lg.png adam2018-05-25 14:14:292018-08-02 01:22:29Wine & Wonder
We recently ended the very first session of our Women’s Book Group, Wine & Wonder.
Led by Aileen Delgado, the ladies met every other Tuesday night to discuss “The Authority of Women in the Catholic Church,” by Monica Miller. We were thrilled with the attendance and discussion!
If you haven’t read the book, expect (1) to explore how women “exemplify the reality of the Church in relation to Christ and the ministerial priesthood*” and (2) a theological response to modern feminism and claims of gender irrelevance.
Of course, we recommend this book to every lady, starting as early as senior year of high school or freshman year of college. “I feel that it would be good for young women to learn about their feminine authority in the Catholic church early, but I also feel for women who are older it is never too late for them to learn and share that knowledge with others,” Aileen says.
“This book presents amazing view points that if we take the time to ponder on them, we could grow a little deeper in our faith.” Our prayer is that FRP can provide a space–through all of our programming– for men and women to grow deeper in their faith. All books chosen for our discussion groups will reflect this mission!
Wine & Wonder is a great way to get connected with women in your faith community. Regardless of which Parish you attend, we hope you’ll join us for our next session in the fall.
Have a suggestion for our next book? Let us know! We’ll bring the wine!
https://www.familyrenewalproject.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/on-the.png 800 800 adam /wp-content/uploads/2018/05/frp_logo_branches-lg.png adam2018-05-25 14:13:262018-08-02 01:27:34Welcome to FRP!
Thank you for reading the inaugural blog post on our brand new website! Things are hoppin’ around FRP headquarters and we are so excited to share some of those happenings with you! First I want to share a few things we’ve done SO FAR this year before going into all the things we’re looking forward to.
– This spring we created and completed an FRP original study for high school girls called The Pursuit.
Here are co-leaders, Haley and Monica, working on content.
Visit our webpage to learn more about The Pursuit and how you can get involved!
– Wine and Wonder, our Women’s Book Club, recently ended, but you can read all about it in a blog post HERE!
– A few weeks ago we were fortunate to be the guest speaker for Louisville Young Catholics’ monthly pub night. We had a GREAT turnout, with even more collaborative efforts to look forward to. Be sure to follow them on Facebook…they host great events for Young Catholic Adults!
All of this has been inspiring new events and we’ve been doing a lot of planning lately. In the next few months, you can expect:
- Movie Series + Discussions
- Fall Wine and Wonder session
- Catholic Young Mom’s Book Study
- Natural Family Planning (NFP) Support Group
- Catholic High School Guy’s and Girl’s Groups
- TOB Series for Catholic Couples
- Catholic Young Adults Series + Events
- Louisville Young Catholics Collaboration
All of our programming is centered around Theology of the Body (TOB) and its mission to help us live and love more authentically.
We have PLENTY of resources we’ll be sharing for those interested in learning more about TOB…whether that’s through books or one of our upcoming events.
Are you signed up to receive periodic updates from us? If not, you can do that HERE!
Thank you for your support of FRP!